content & communications
NOTE: I am not currently taking on new freelance projects (as of January 2022). Thanks for being here though! Feel free to stay a while and give me a follow on Twitter if you’d like (very) occasional updates.
new article: what does a content strategy project look like? https://hellomorningperson.com/how-i-do-content-strategy/
portfolios (password protected):
small business owners, independent consultants, writers, agency folks, and other content professionals
sort out prickly problems like
- not enough content, too much content, disorganized content, outdated content, unclear content, non-optimized content
- lack of meaningful information about desired audiences from habits and behaviors to opinions and values
- slow internal processes around content and information distribution
- marketing-related burnout, overwhelm, imposter syndrome, and existential crises (we’ve all been there)
and unpack questions like
- Am I focusing on the right problems?
- What should I put on my website?
- Should I start a blog? What about TikTok?
- How do I find my audience? Why aren’t they doing what I want them to do?
- How do I know what to prioritize next?
through content and communications related activities like
- Strategy: vision setting, goal definition and alignment, editorial, SEO, social, desired outcome definition
- Research: audits, gap analysis, competitive assessments, user & stakeholder interviews, job-to-be-done research, survey design
- Planning: distribution, channels, tactics, outreach, community guidelines, communications
- Implementation: taxonomies, messaging frameworks, UX copy, content writing, creative direction, community management/moderation, content curation, internal communications
some lovely brands I’ve worked with